Source: Dierberg's School of Cooking (local grocery store with fantastic recipes!)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap; pound chicken gently with mallet until very thin (about 1/8-inch thick).
- On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, lemon peel and garlic.
- In shallow dish, combine olive oil and melted butter.
- Dip chicken into butter mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- Tightly roll up and secure with wooden picks, if needed. Cut into 1-inch thick pieces; thread onto metal skewer.
- Remove wooden picks. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Grill or broil as directed below.
Makes 4 servings
TO GRILL Place skewers on lightly greased grid over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
TO BROIL Place skewers on greased broiler pan and broil about 4 inches from heat source for 4 to 5 minutes per side.