I planned on making Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs one day but then neither my husband or I were really in the mood for them and really just wanted a grilled chicken sandwich or something. I went ahead and marinated the chicken as planned and just made some sliders on rolls. Honestly, this chicken was amazing and would have been a fantastic way to make some Hawaiian style chicken kabobs - all I would have had to do was cut the chicken in to cubes, marinate and skewer with some pineapple, bell peppers and red onion...
Hawaiian Style Chicken
2 B/S chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to about 1/3"
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 dry sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- mix together all ingredients (minus chicken) well and pour in to a freezer weight resealable bag
- add chicken, seal bag and toss to coat chicken well
- marinate in refridgerator for 2 hours
- grill over medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees. Let set for a few minutes before serving
* because of the sweetness of the marinade the grill marks will carmelize nicely!