Wow, these were the easiest pork chops EVER. I wouldn't even want to call this a recipe - basically it's more a long the lines of an "idea". I wanted something simple to go with the White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes I made, I had pork chops in the freezer and I didn't want anything breaded nor did I want to grill. So, thus came about pork chops coated in a little lemon-herb mixture. I was pleasantly surprised...
- 2 bonesless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to season
- In a small bowl, squeeze lemon juice
- Add herbs
- Stab pork chops with a fork a few times in each side
- Brush lemon-herb mixture on each side of the pork chops and place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes or so while you prepare your side dish, wash up dishes, whatever!
- Preheat a skillet (or grill pan) and add pork chops
- Cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through (170 degrees) about 8 minutes per side.