Aside from the fact that this gave me an opportunity to make something "pot-pieish" another great thing about this recipe is that it's still pretty much a pizza so you can use whatever cheeses, toppings, etc. that you want!
Inspired by seeing the words on the Food Network Website...
** This recipe is scaled for 2 individual pot-pies using 10 oz. rammekins
1 ball pizza dough (homemade, store bought, whatever you like)
1 cup pizza, marinara, whatever sauce you like
1/4 pound ground beef
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1 cup Italian blend cheese (divided)
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare Dough as necessary
- Roll out dough to about 1/4" thick
- Using whatever you're baking pot pie(s) in, cut dough to about 1 inch wider on all sides to overlap
- Prepare baking dish(es) with no-stick cooking spray
- line each dish with 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture
- In a medium bowl mix together pizza toppings (meats, veggies, sauce and whatever else you're including)
- Spoon 1/2 of pizza mixture over each cheese prepped rammekin
- Top baking dish(es) with prepared dough and seal dough around edges to stay in place
- brush dough with a little Olive Oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and italian seasoning
- cut slits in the dough to allow steam to release
- bake for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown
** You can either cut portions out of the baking dish or when baking smaller portions you can flip the dish upside down on your plate.... if you do this BE CAREFUL, and also let the dish sit for a moment to let the cheese drip out, which I did NOT do as you can tell by the picture.