This was just too darn easy not to make all the time! It was so good and so easy it's going in to the rotation! Plus, I was totally not prepared to make it (for some reason I forgot about dinner!) so I just made something so insanely basic... next time I'll tweak a little until I find the perfect recipe for us!
Chicken Parmesan for 2
I apologize for the horrible picture - we had a friend stop by as I was finishing up. Thankfully he was just getting his Halloween costume my husband ordered as I would not have made enough for all of us!
Source: Inspired by a Joy of Cooking Recipe - I just used the general concept and then I couldn't find the recipe when I was cooking!
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs (could use plain and then add Italian Herbs)
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
2 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oil in deep skillet over medium heat
- Preheat oven to 375
- Season chicken with a little S&P
- Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl and add a little more S&P if desired
- Place breadcrumbs (and herbs if using) in another shallow bowl
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and let excess drip off
- Evenly coat chicken in breadcrumbs
- Carefully place chicken in skillet
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, set aside
- Meanwhile, lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray and put about 3/4 cup marinara sauce on bottom of dish
- Top with chicken
- Top each chicken breast with remaining sauce and a slice of cheese
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and cheese is melted.