So, I'm FINALLY uploading pictures to my computer... I knew the reason I wasn't blogging so much wasn't just because I've been uninspired, though that is one reason, the other reason though is that I have pictures (albeit not great ones - I need to bust out the good camera!) and I never upload them. So, here is a post of a meal from a few weeks ago - I don't have much to say about it other than it was a super quick meal to make, as it uses one of my best friends - frozen tortellini, and was awesome.
Tortellini and Meat Sauce
* I apologize for the ugly picture - I really need to find somewhere with better lighting in my kitchen!
1/2 pound frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 pound ground beef
16 oz. favorite red sauce (homemade, from a jar - I make large batches and freeze - soon I'll post the sauce recipe - I just want pictures first!)
Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Prepare tortellini as directed on package (usually bring water to a rapid boil, add pasta, simmer for about 5 minutes) and drain
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain
- Add pasta sauce and let simmer about 10 minutes to marry the flavors a bit
- Add pasta to simmering sauce and toss a bit
- Top with freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
** This meal goes GREAT with garlic bread and a simple small side salad.