This probably won't last long, but.... I'm thinking I might start journaling what I eat each day, as well as what exercise I do. I say it won't last long because I know myself.... I forget about things or just plain give up or get bored with it. I know it's supposed to help a lot of people realize what they eat, that they don't work out as much as they think, etc., but I'm pretty certain I know what I eat and I know how much I workout but I just don't understand how I've GAINED weight since joinging a gym a year ago.....
So anyway... here's week one of trying this out. Hopefully it'll work like everyone say's it should.
(p.s., I have to stay late at work a few days this week so probably not the best week to start giving my work out schedule will be out of whack, but while I'm in the mood to start a "routine" I should now otherwise I may never feel the urge to do it later!)
Desired Weight Loss - 25 lbs or 2 dress sizes (I'm 5'9" so a lot of pounds = a dress size)
- Grande Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte, Decaf, from Starbucks
- medium sized Chicken Ceasar Salad, no dressing
- 90-calorie bag of Quaker Rice Cakes (Cinnamon Struessel - AWESOME!)
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- 3 slices frozen pizza (pepperoni)
- 3 Green Bud Selects (it's St. Paddy's Day... again, not a good day to start tracking)
Workout (5 - 5:45PM)
- 15 minutes stationary bike (nothing was open when I got there ... boo!)
- 30 minutes of intervals on treadmill (2 min. at 0 incline at 3mph, 2 min. at 5 incline at 4.5mph and so on. This was the set-program on the treadmill - I'll try to tweak it some to my needs)
I was bad and didn't eat anything....
- Chicken Ceasar Salad, no dressing
- 6 Melba Snacks (Whole Grain) with LIght Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- 1 1/2 servings of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Diet Root Beer
Workout (5:30 - 6:15pm)
20 minute intervals on Treadmill (2 minutes of 3mph at 7 incline, 2 minutes of 6mph at 3 incline)
15 minutes of 4mph at 5.5 incline
2 arm sets (3 reps of 12 each).... I needed to get home :(
- unfortunately I had my breakfast with me but I couldn't eat until lunch because all of my meetings ran over, not giving me the 5 minutes to toast, etc....
- bowl of Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup
- Whole Wheat English Muffin, toasted and drizzled with Honey (planned breakfast)
- We had a cocktail hour, going away reception for the head of our dept. so I had a chicken skewer, 2 strawberries and 1 piece of cheese, just to tide me over while I worked out on my way home
- Dinner itself was at 8:30 so I just ate a big snack:
- pita chips
- apple slices
- cheddar slices
40 minutes on elliptical, doing intervals
- Whole Wheat Muffin, toasted with honey drizzled
- McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich meal with a Diet Dr Pepper
- Homemade pizza on Trader Joes Whole Wheat Crust, with pepperoni
Was having HORRIBLE cramps and didn't workout
- Whole Wheat Muffin, toasted with honey
- Ham and Turkey with cheese Lean Pocket with a Whole Grain crust
- 100 cal. pack of Dorritos
Breadsticks (that's what my husband wanted)
- 30 minutes on elliptical doing intervals... my tiny lunch did not provide enough calories to workout so that was all I could muster...