I'm not a huge burger fan. I don't crave them and I don't usually order them at bar & grill joints or pubs as I'd much rather sub the beef for chicken but sometimes you see a burger and it just looks SOOO good.... A few weeks ago I was perusing my local grocery stores' circular and I saw that they sell premade hamburger pattys - all "fanicified" and ready to cook. One was a bacon cheeseburger with the bacon and cheese, all up in it. (Yes, I just went there!) I've seen this done before but usually as an "inside-out burger" with the burger molded around the fillings but this one just looked more appealing (and easier) to me. After my quest to replicate the recipe (kind of a no brainer if you know how to make a burger), I was pleasantly surprised by how moist and tender the burger was, especially considering we ended up grilling it a little too long and it became well-done....
Cheesy Bacon Burgers
(1) lb. ground beef (I used extra lean)
(4) oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I used Super Sharp, my fave!)
a few slices of bacon (I used the precooked kind but if you use regular you may want to cook it up to ensure it's cooked thoroughly.)
(~1/4) c. dried breadcrumbs
- With hands, mix beef and breadcrumbs in bowl
- Add in cheese and mix
- crumble Bacon, add and mix
- Separate meat mixture and form in to 4 equal patties
- cook on grill over a medium setting for about 10 minutes per side for medium-well, or vary time based on desired doneness.